Berk is one of those places Chad & I go to just enjoy each other’s company. We love the art, the coffee, the unique food & the fantastic thrifting. The man has been working so hard, so we made it a priority to have a plan a little getaway for ourselves.
I know this wedding is completely saturating the blogosphere, but I couldn’t help myself. The photography was done by Labor of Love who I adore &…here are some of my favorites that Once Wed covered:
I love everything about this: backyard feel, the chic casual attire, the incredible styling…perfection. The video they made brought tears to my eyes. It is always so inspiring to see photographers stretch their creativity & be original.
…when I find new photographers. The satisfaction I receive from someone else’s artistry is incomparable to any other source of inspiration. I love seeing the image that they decide is the hero…I love imagining what led to the final construction of a brilliant editorial. I love seeing new editing techniques & old ones revisited. When I find a new photographer, it is like being taught by a new teacher.
Michael Lavine. Holy brilliant. Check out his blog here. Seriously…treasure chest of insight & imagination. I saw Ellen Page in Inception last night…love love LOVE her.
Eric Odgen. Completely fantastic. Love his use of light & the reality of each shot. The rawness of this Kings of Leon editorial is UNREAL. Juuuuust the right amount of sinister.
“People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People who really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway. Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.”—
So wise. So encouraging. So spot-on Biblical. & truly inspiring.
“Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask ‘how’, while others of a more curious nature will ask ‘why’. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information.”—
Just purchased this gem of an album & I would recommend you do the same. It’s completely perfect for summatime. Slightly dark lyrically speaking, but completely brilliant. If you are a fan of Grizz Bear, you’ll love the similar sound these guys produce. & plus…Victoria is on the organ. Rad to the max.
It has been a while since a fashion post….if the hot weather is leaving you un-inspired & fashion lazy - like it does for me sometimes - here are some easy, breezy fitties & some favorite summer rules that I live by:
1. ACCESSORIZE. The braided belt, chartreuse wooden heels, jewelry & messy braid make this lovely little number….well, quite lovely.
2. BIG PATTERNS. Boho Beauty.
3. GET YOURSELF SOME BLACK WEDGES. So comfy & versatile.
4. LAYERS. STAW HATS. BARE LEGS & SHORT SHORTS. All of the above…yes please.
5. THIN KNITS. faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavorite.
6. MINI & DENIM. Pair a casual top with something you would normally only wear out. You always end up mixing things up & creating a totally new look.
7. STRIPES, STRIPES & MORE STRIPES. Be patriotic longer than the 4th…trust me ;]
8. NEUTRAL PIECES & BOLD ACCENTS. My wardrobe consists mainly of neutrals, so a skinny orange belt like this is right up my alley.
9. LEATHER. Infuse your fittie with a little edge & throw a light weight leather over a peasant top.
10. OXFORDS & CARDI. & I just adore this photo.
& the best part is…I haven’t even had a summer shopping spree! I am challenging myself to use what I have & create new outfits….especially since I don’t have a consistent paycheck yet - can’t quite justify it yet. It has been a fun to be creative & try to see my wardrobe in different ways. Hope this helps, blogger babes. Peace.